Hi and welcome to AlmazanKitchen!
We bet you wonder what Lahmajoun is. Such a beautiful name, it must be something hard. And it’s not! Lahmajoun is Arabic word that means: “meat with dough”, simple as that! The dish follows its name, beautiful, tasty and simple!The preparation of this dish is the next level of forest cooking! We use special baking technique to bring the flavors of homemade ingredients and fresh handmade dough to the maximum! Try it for yourself! Recipe is down below!
P.S. Homemade spiced mince recipe included!
You will need this ingredients:
- 500g free-range beef
- 1 big onion
- 1 organic tomato
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- cheddar cheese
- handful of fresh parsley
- flour, salt, water, olive oil
- AlmazanKitchen original cookware (optional)
- Mix 1 hand of flour with 1 tsp. of salt and 2 hands of water.
- Mix and knead well!
- Cover with something and leave to rest.
Handmade spiced mince recipe:
- Slice 500g of free-range beef then chop it that well until mushy mince consistency. Check the video below for more visual instructions.
- Slice & dice 1 big onion.
- Slice and chop well 1 organic tomato.
- Mix and kneed beef with diced onion and tomato.
- Grind 2 tsp. of salt along with 1 tsp. of pepper and 1 tsp. of cumin in the mortar using pestle. Halfway add smash and toss in 1-2 garlic cloves and 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Mix well.
- Mix the beef mince with spices we made.
- Cover the cutting board with flour to prevent dough from sticking to it.
- Take out the dough, cut it in half then flatten 1 half in oval shape.
- Cover the dough with mince.
- Grate some cheddar cheese above the mince.
- Bake the dish on coals until ready.
- Finish off with handful of chopped fresh parsley.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Do not sit home, love the nature, and cheers to you all!