Hi and welcome to AlmazanKitchen!
Deep in the forest near the river we combined multiple layers of strong flavored spices with free-range lamb lard that is left from cooking those amazing chops… Our main chef Mr. Ramsay the Owl flew away for his urgent business, so we had to improvise. Few unusual steps helped us made this outstanding tasty dish! Of course not without a help of our awesome cookware! Try and approve!
You will need this ingredients:
- handful of dried barberries
- free-range lamb chops
- handful of mint
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. saffron
- 1 lemon
- Grind ½ tsp. of salt and 1 tsp. of pepper in the mortar using pestle.
- Add 1 tbsp. of dried oregano and handful of mint. Grind well.
- Add 4 tbsp. of olive oil, mix. Add some lemon juice, mix.
- Coat free-range lamb chops in the marinade, and let it marinate for 30-40 min.
- Preheat your pan. Add some veg. oil.
- Cook lamb chops for 2.5 min on each side, including rears. Plus 2.5 min on each side for doneness you want.
- Put aside and let it rest.
- Grind 1 tsp. of saffron in the mortar using pestle.
- Add handful of dried barberries. Smash and grind well.
- Drain the sauce and lard left in the pan after cooking lamb chops into the mortar.
- Mix well!
- Add 1 tbsp. of corn starch and ½ cup of warm water. Mix well.
- Warm the sauce in the pan.
- Boil the water in the pot.
- Fill the pot with couscous. Cover with lid.
- Cook it until it soaks the water.
- Serve the lamb chops along with couscous and sauce.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, cookware and boards? Write us on Facebook
Do not sit home, love the nature, and cheers to you all!