The “Hong Shao Rou” or just Szechuan Red Braised Pork Belly. Really awesome dish you can find in China! Or cook it for yourself! The tenderest meat you ever tried with a lot of spicy flavor! This pork belly was cooked on our special forest kitchen until the fat and skin are gelatinous and melt easily in the mouth! Dark brown sauce made from the combination of special ingredients is the true delight for the eyes and tongue. You don’t want to miss this video and recipe!
You will need this ingredients:
- 400g bacon
- 1 cup rice
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- ginger, leek, spring onions
- 1 tbsp. homemade wine and soy sauce
- bay leaf, cinnamon stick,
- few cloves, few dried chili, 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 tbsp. dark palm sugar and vinegar
- handful of fresh celery
- oil, sesame oil
- AlmazanKitchen original cookware and utensils (optional)
Hong Shao Rou:
- Prepare the ingredients – chop handful of spring onions, slice ginger and leek, take 4-5 garlic cloves.
- Take the deep cookware and toss everything from the previous step into it.
- Slice 400g of pork belly.
- Preheat the pan, grease with oil.
- Fry the meat for a while, do not forget to stir and toss.
- Load meat into the deep cookware.
- Add 1 cinnamon stick, few bay leaves and dried chilies along with the 1 tsp. of allspice and few cloves. Add 1 tbsp. of dark palm sugar.
- Pour in 1 tbsp. of vinegar, homemade wine and soy sauce. Pour in 1 cup of water.
- Cover the cookware with lid and place into the coals. Cook until the fat and skin are gelatinous and meat melts in the mouth.
- Cook the rice in the standard way. Pot, water, rice, sesame oil and fire will do the job.
- Drain the sauce from the deep cookware into the pan, warm it up until rich consistency.
- Make a “plate” from the rice.
- Place the meat above the rice plate.
- Pour with sauce well!
- Finish off with handful of fresh chopped celery.
Enjoy! Bon Almazan!