Back in our fern and moss sanctuary, we are thanking ancestors for inspiration and baking steak the ancient way – in the bed of clay. Season the steak with Almazan Kitchen red meat spice mix and wrap it in clay. Then let clay do what clay does best – bake in fire. Once the baked clay is broken, the most perfect steak will emerge.
You will need these ingredients:
- Beef Tenderloin
- Mint, Nuts (Cashew, Pistachio, Almond, Peanut)
- Almazan Kitchen® Red Meat Mix
- Salt, Olive Oil,
- Almazan Kitchen® original cookware and utensils (optional)
- Grind a handful of mint with a handful of nuts in the mortar using a pestle. Add olive oil, mix well until saucy consistency.
- Coat beef tenderloin cut with Almazan Kitchen® Red Meat Mix from all sides.
- Sear meat until golden brown crust. Put aside
- Mix clay with 1 hand of water. Knead well, form a ball.
- Attenuate and flatten out the clay ball.
- Make a “pillow” for meat with rosemary.
- Fold the edges of clay so the meat is wrapped around.
- Put the clay on coals.
- Cook for 45-60 minutes.
- Carefully remove the meat from the clay wrap.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, cookware, and boards you have seen in a video? Visit our shop!