So you have a beer but you full of it and want to eat?
We have an outstanding solution for you! That what was for us that day: The weather is still hot so we decided to make a refreshing soup from top quality free-range beef and organic veggies, with a notch of stout beer and pavlaka(Serbian sour cream). We used a clay pot and fire. Promise us to try it out!
You will need this ingredients:
- 400g free-range beef shank
- 300ml stout beer
- 1 organic silver onion
- 2 organic carrots
- 1 organic celeriac
- 1 organic potato
- 1 mini chili
- 4 tbsp. pavlaka (20% milk fat)
- 1 tbsp. dried chives
- few capers
Meat & beer for soup:
- Preheat the pan. Add some oil, be sure oil covered bottom and boards of the pan. Drain it out after.
- Place 400g of free-range beef shank into the pan.
- Cook for 4 min on one side, flip it.
- Add 300ml of stout beer, cook for 4-5 min.
- Preheat the clay pot.
- Add meat & beer into the pot.
- Fill the pot with water, cover with the lid.
- Cook for 3h.
- Slice in half 1 organic silver onion. Roast it on coals while you’re slicing rest of veggies.
- Slice 2 organic carrots onto minor parts, repeat for 1 organic celeriac and 1 organic potato. Load everything into the clay pot, do not forget about onions!
- Cook for 1h.
- After 1h. add salt the soup, cook for 10 min. more.
- We recommend you to serve the soup in wooden deep plates!
- Add 4 tbsp. of pavlaka (Serbian sour cream).
- Add 1 tbsp. of dried chives.
- Add few capers for the taste.
- Slice 1 mini chili, finish off the soup with it.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, pans and boards? Write us on Facebook
Do not sit home, love the nature, and cheers to you all!