Hi and welcome to AlmazanKitchen!
We’re still out in the forest. And we ate all of food too. AlmazanKitchen won’t be hungry! AlmazanKitchen will eat leaves! We took some fresh organic horseradish leaves, free-range beef mince and organic veggies to make the perfect sarma! With this dish also served our free-range sheep’s fermented milk. Head chef, Mr. Ramsay the Owl was protesting again, he likes his meat only fresh…
You will need this ingredients:
- 10-15 horseradish leaves
- 400g beef mince
- 1 cup fermented sheep milk
- 1/4 cup rice
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 red chili
- 3-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. ground hot chili
- salt, pepper, olive oil, oil.
- Prepare the cutting board.
- Slice & dice 1 onion.
- Preheat the pan.
- Toss sliced onion into the pan.
- Fry for a bit.
- Add some veg. oil.
- Smash 3-5 cloves of garlic then slice it and toss into the pan.
- Fry for few minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of rice.
- Add 400g of beef mince.
- Mix and cook everything together until mince is almost ready.
- Salt it. Add 1 tsp. of ground hot chili. Mix well.
- Add some water. Mix well.
- Grate 1 carrot. Toss into the pan. Mix well.
- Cook until mince is ready.
- Remove from the fire. Let it cool.
Preparing the wrap(leaves):
- Put the leaf on the cutting board.
- Remove the stems with knife.
- Repeat step №1 and №2 for each leaf.
Making the sarma:
- Prepare the clay pot.
- Add 1 hand of the filling on the leaf.
- Put sarma balls into the clay pot.
- Repeat step №1-4 for other leaves.
- Add 2 full hands of water into the clay pot.
- Cover pot with a lid.
- Cook on coals for 2 hours.
Sauce and leaf plate:
- Prepare the leaf.
- Add 1 cup of fermented sheep milk.
- Slice & dice 1 red chili. Add to the sheep milk.
- Add some olive oil above.
- Remove sarma from the pot.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Do not sit home, love the nature, and cheers to you all!