Hi and welcome to the AlmazanKitchen!
Everyone loves smoked meat stuff, especially a smoked bacon! Even better if it’s Almazan Kitchen smoked bacon recipe! Prepared with help of our main chief – Mr. Ramsay the Owl. He’s very stubborn and doesn’t like some of our cooking methods, but in the end we always come to conclusion. Still, he’s very cute and loves the meat we take to cook. Don’t have a smoking pit? No problem! If you are a BBQ lover and enjoy nature’s beauty, this video recipe is something you shouldn’t miss!
You will need this ingredients:
- 500g bacon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground chili
- 1 tbsp. chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. ginger paste
Marinade with the help of Mr. Ramsay the Owl:
- Take a grinder, add 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Add 1 tsp. brown sugar.
- Add 1/2 ground chili.
- Add 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- Grind it well, pet the Mr. Ramsay.
- Add 1 tbsp. chili sauce.
- And add 1 tbsp. ginger paste.
- Add 2 tbsp. dark soy sauce.
- Mix it well.
- Let Mr. Ramsay try it for the consistency.
- Mix again, and let the Chief Owl try it again… He’s not satisfied… as usually, but let’s continue.
- Take the meat out, and let our Field Chief try it… Told ya! It’s an outstanding slice of meat.
- Deep 500g bacon in the sauce.
- If you’re cooking this out in the nature, get some anti-insect flowers and apply the insecticide. If not – skip the step.
- Refrigerate until the smoking pit is ready.
Prepare the pit:
- Build a small well with the stones, do not use the wet ones, it can be dangerous. If you’re not sure they’re okay and wet only from outside, not from inside, then just spend some more time to find dry ones.
- Ignite the fire in the stone well, let it burn until coals left.
- Place the bacon in the grill cage.
- Add wet leaves into the pit.
- Place the cage with bacon above the pit, cover it with clay pot.
- Cover the pit with huge leaves for isolation.
- Smoke for 3-6 hours.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives and boards? Write us on Facebook
Do not sit home, love the nature, and cheers to you all!