Hi and welcome to AlmazanKitchen!
What can be more foodporn than top quality homemade bacon and fire-melt caramel? Combine it and you get an ultimate sandwich with perfectly balanced sweet and sour notes feat. crispy home-baked bread quick spicy carrot salad that adds even more flavor! Just follow the recipe!
You will need this ingredients:
- 300g homemade smoked bacon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white snow
- 1 star anise, 2 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 tsp. caraway
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 1 tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 orange
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 homemade bun
- Set up the fireplace outdoor.
- Prepare your cookware and ingredients.
- Slice 1 organic carrot into small pieces.
- Preheat the pan, oil it up with veg. oil.
- Toss into the pan 1 tsp. of caraway, 1 tsp. of chili flakes and sliced carrot.
- Fry for few minutes. Add ¼ tsp. of salt and fry some more.
- Transfer the filling we’ve just made into the bowl.
- Slice 300g of homemade smoked bacon.
- Preheat the pan. Fully melt ¼ cup of brown sugar.
- Add ½ cup of white snow to deglaze.
- Toss smoked bacon into the pan.
- Slow cook until it gets fully caramelized.
- Deglaze with white snow.
- Add 1 tbsp. of dark soy sauce.
- Add 1 star anise, 1 cinnamon stick and 2 cloves.
- Take 1 orange, cut in half and quarter one of a halves. Toss it into the pan.
- Slow cook for a while, let it soak in the sauce.
- Take the homemade bun, cut in half. Warm on coals.
- Take the bacon out of pan and slice it into thin pieces.
- Make the layers: Bottom bun, carrot filling, bacon, some sauce from the pan above for the taste, and finish off with a top bun.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, cookware and boards? Write us on Facebook
Do not sit home, love the nature, and cheers to you all!