Remember stone-carved oven? Let’s use it again! Cornmeal is popular all around the world, especially in Balkans where people use it to make cornbread in various shapes: muffin, pie, casual bread and others – all of those are called “Proja”. Today we want to make a vegetarian pizza with a Serbian touch, made of fresh organic and even wild ingredients. Don’t you think Avocado and Fragaria are the best toppings combination? Finish it off with a goose egg – voila, healthy and combined lunch is ready!
You will need these ingredients:
- goose egg
- handful of wild strawberries (or Fragaria)
- rosemary stick
- lime, avocado
- parmesan cheese
- cornmeal, flour, yeast
- salt, olive oil, black sesame
- AlmazanKitchen® original cookware and utensils (optional)
- Mix 2 hands of cornmeal with 1 hand of flour, 1 cup of water, salt to taste and 1 tsp. of yeast. Mix and knead well. Leave in a warm place to grow.
- Mix rosemary leaves (w/o stem) with handful of parmesan cheese.
- Attenuate and flatten out the dough, coat with olive oil. Cover the top with parmesan-rosemary mix.
- Place dough the oven and bake for 15 min at 420 °F/220 °C (time and temp were attenuated to house kitchen ovens).
- Fry one goose egg. Meanwhile add toppings to the bread: avocado slices, lime juice, wild strawberries.
- Put fried egg on top.
- Finish off with salt and black sesame to taste.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, cookware and boards you seen in a video? Write us on Facebook (best way!!) or to our commerce e-mail (Please be advised that our Facebook page and e-mail linked above is one and only way to order original knives and cookware directly from us. WARNING: BEWARE OF FRAUD SITES. ORIGINAL PRODUCT CAN BE BOUGHT ONLY FROM OUR FACEBOOK PAGE VIA PERSONAL MESSAGE OR E-MAIL)