Hi and welcome to AlmazanKitchen!
What can be better than wild mountain forest, waterfalls, fresh mushrooms growing right in the kitchen, ground spices, perfect free-range beef, fresh homemade bread, fresh rocket and of course a big dose of homemade cheese… Maybe you’re surrounded by this nature like us, maybe you’re not… But you can try to imagine it while preparing this outstanding forest burger by yourself!
You will need this ingredients:
- 400g free-range beef mince
- 100g homemade cheese
- handful of fresh rocket
- 1 tsp. of: cumin, salt, pepper, coriander seeds, oregano, coriander, mustard seeds
- wild armillaria mushrooms
- 1 onion
- somun bread
Making a patty:
- Take and prepare your mortar & pestle.
- Toss in 1 tsp. of salt, pepper, cumin, mustard seeds and coriander seeds. Grind well!
- Take 1 onion, slice & dice it. Transfer into the mortar. Grind & mix.
- Add 400g of free-range beef mince to the spices and onion. Mix & kneed everything well!
- Form a patty, oil up your hands to prevent mince from sticking to it.
- Preheat the BBQ grilling basket.
Filling & final steps:
- Preheat the pan, add some oil.
- Toss in handful of wild armillaria mushrooms. Fry until almost golden brown.
- Add some oregano for the taste. Cook until crispy golden brown.
- Load the patty into the BBQ grilling basket. Grill until cooked how you like your meat, do not forget to flip halfway.
- Take the round somun bread, cut in half. Warm both halves on coals.
- Add 100g of homemade cheese to the pan with mushrooms, let it melt.
- Lay the patty above the melted cheese to let it stick to each other. Press down the patty a little bit.
- Add handful of fresh rocket on the party, cover everything with bread’s half.
- Flip over, cover from another side with other bread’s half.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, cookware and boards? Write us on Facebook
Do not sit home, love the nature, and cheers to you all!