Hi and welcome to AlmazanKitchen!
Our chef Mr.Ramsay the Owl helped us to choose the best meat for our coal-grilled shashlik skewers. What is that strange word “shashlik”? It’s a name of a dish of skewered and grilled cubes of meat which popular in many places, especially in the Middle East, Balkans and ex-CIS countries. Special marinade that we make helps tenderize the meat and infuses it with notes of onion, pepper and pickled pepper juice.
You will need this ingredients:
- 500g free-range pork shoulder
- 2 pickled peppers
- 1 organic onion
- ½ cup yogurt
- aged balsamic vinegar
- salt, pepper
- Set up the campfire outdoor.
- Prepare your cutting board, knife and mortar & pestle.
- Take your mortar & pestle for now. Add 1 tsp. of salt and pepper. Grind well!
- Slice 1 organic onion. Toss into the mortar. Grind and mix well!
- Take 2 pickled peppers, make incise and add its juice to the onions and spices. Mix. Put the peppers aside for now.
- Add ½ cup of yogurt. Mix well!
- Take 500g of free-range pork shoulder and dice it.
- Dip the meat into the marinade. Leave it marinate for few hours.
- Make a sharp sticks for now.
- Skewer up the meat on the sticks.
- Preheat the grill basket.
- Grill the shashlik until meat is cooked.
- Slice the pickled peppers.
- Dress up the meat with aged balsamic vinegar.
- Serve everything together.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, cookware and boards? Write us on Facebook
Do not sit home, love the nature, and cheers to you all!