How to make lasagna from scratch in the woods? Make dough with river water, mix veggies and meat mince, add some wild basil and spices, and drench the lasagna mixture in homemade tomato juice. Please don’t go cheap on the butter when making the bechamel sauce. Top lasagna off with tons of cheese and enjoy this immortal classic!
You will need these ingredients:
- Minced Meat
- Onion, Bell Pepper, Celery
- Fresh Basil
- Egg Yolks
- Homemade Wine, Parmesan, Mozzarella
- Tomato Paste
- Milk, Nutmeg, Flour, Butter
- Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil
- Almazan Kitchen® original cookware and utensils (optional)
- Mix 2 hands of flour with 4 egg yolks and ½ tsp. of salt. Mix and knead well. Leave to rest.
- Slice and dice Onion, Bell Pepper and Celery.
- Preheat the pan, grease with oil. Toss in the veggies, fry for 3-5 minutes then add 500g of minced meat. Fry until meat is golden brown, add 2 tbsp. of homemade wine and 2 tbsp. of tomato paste. Slow-cook for 25 minutes, then put aside.
- Melt 150g of butter, add 1 tbsp. of flour, cook for 2 minutes, don’t let it brown. Add 150ml of milk, salt, and 1/3 tsp. of nutmeg powder, cook stirring for 2-3 minutes more.
- Attenuate and flatten out the dough. Cut into rectangles.
- Coat the cookware with a good layer of oil.
- Make the layers: Dough rectangles, meat with veggies, bechamel sauce, basil leaves, grated parmesan, make few additional layers, then add mozzarella bites on top.
- Bake at 375 F/ 190 C for 45 min.
- Let it cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, cookware, and boards you have seen in a video? Visit our shop!