Hi and welcome to AlmazanKitchen!
So, we cooked wraps at home and took it at the forest or picnic or camping. And… It was so great in there so we decided to stay for a while but wait.. there’s a problem – wraps are gone. Hmm.. Let’s figure something out. Coal baked skewers with different fresh veggies and organic pork that is marinated in wild chokeberries. Our chef Mr. Ramsay the Owl suggested us to serve those amazing skewers with some aubergine puree that we also made. Enjoy!
You will need this ingredients:
- 500g free-range pork (neck)
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 2 red onions
- 1 aubergine
- 1 bell pepper
- handful of wild chokeberries
- 2-3 wild milk mushrooms
- 1 red chili, 1 green chili
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 hand of flour
- salt, olive oil, milk.
- Prepare the grinder.
- Add handful of wild chokeberries. Grind it.
- Add 1/2 hand of salt.
- Some water. Mix it.
- Slice 500g of free range pork (neck) into minor pieces.
- Marinate in chokeberry marinade for 3 hours.
- Cool the skewers.
- Wash the veggies and mushrooms.
- Put 1 aubergine into the coals. Roast for 20 min. After 20 min. cool the aubergine in the water.
- Slice the rest of veggies and mushrooms.
- Fill the skewers with meat and veggies/mushrooms in any order. BUT! Meat should be separated with veggies or mushrooms from each other.
- Preheat the pan.
- Toss the butter into the pan.
- Add 1 hand of flour.
- Mix butter with flour, let it cook for a bit.
- Add some milk. Cook for few minutes.
- Remove aubergine from the water. Peel it.
- Remove the meat of the aubergine from its rind.
- Chop it until puree consistency.
- Toss the puree into the pan.
- Mix and cook for a bit.
- Add some salt and mix.
- Grill the skewers until ready, do not forget to flip.
- Prepare the cutting board.
- Transfer aubergine puree on the cutting board. Attenuate to the plate size.
- Transfer skewers on the puree when ready.
- Slice & dice 1 red chili. Add it above the skewers.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Do not sit home, love the nature, and cheers to you all!