Hi and welcome to the AlmazanKitchen Blog!
Today we want to represent you something unusual, something different and of course very very very delicious. Sweet & creamy caramel melt on fire poured over crispy fried filo pastry with a notch of fresh wild mint and drops of lemon juice! Watch out, mouthwatering!
You will need this ingredients:
- Filo pastry
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 5 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1/3 cup cream
- handful of fresh mint
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
Let’s prepare the pastry:
- Get handful of fresh mint from the nearby grocery store, wash it well.
- Preheat your pan.
- Take 2 sheets of filo pastry and roll it together. Cut on a few pieces, size doesn’t really matter, do it how you like it.
- 2 cups veg. oil into the pan. Heat it to the +328.1°F(+164.5°C), then remove the pan from the heat.
- Fry your pastry rolls for 2 min on heated oil.
- Now remember your childhood, and pile fried rolls like lego towers.
Caramel time! If you’re following our blog, you should know how to make it for now, but if you don’t… well, let’s learn!
- Melt 5 tbsp. brown sugar on high heat.
- Add 1/3 tsp. salt.
- Add 1 tsp. butter.
- Add the water to deglaze everything on the pan.
- Add 1/3 cup cream, mix it.
- If you want, you can draw something on the caramel by using the stick.
- Add 2 tbsp. lemon juice.
- And slowly pour everything above your “lego” pastry towers. mmm…. yummy.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
It was awesome, isn’t it? We know it was, and we glad that you like it. We’re really proud to share this things with you.
Do not sit home, love the nature, and cheers to you all!