Smoked Ham hock is one of the most popular parts of meat in Serbian cuisine. In this recipe, we opted for an improvised oven and roasted it on a balsamico-spiked bed of flambéed red cabbage and apple. Simple and tasty dish, ham hock prepared this way is ideal for a company of buddies gathered over a campfire.
You will need these ingredients:
- Smoked Ham Hock
- Red Cabbage, Apple
- Cloves, Anise
- Red Wine
- Salt, Oil, Balsamico
- Almazan Kitchen® original cookware and utensils (optional)
- Smoke a Ham Hock with the spices to your taste, we recommend using Almazan Kitchen® Original Spice Red Meat Mix. Set the smoker to 200 F/93 C and smoke the meat for about 2.5-3 hours.
- Slice Red Cabbage and Apple.
- Preheat the pan, grease with oil.
- Toss in 5-6 cloves and anise seeds alongside red cabbage. Fry for a few minutes then add apple bites.
- Add balsamico, let the cabbage cook in it for about 5-7 minutes on medium-low heat then add 1 cup of red wine. Cook for about 30 more minutes, do not forget to stir.
- Add Smoked Ham Hock to the pan, roast in the oven for 20 minutes altogether.
- Serve and enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, cookware, and boards you have seen in a video? Visit our shop!