Today we are going to show you an old skill – how to make perfect dough for the traditional Serbian pita with the minced meat filling! Please, take a look at the way this kind of dough is made. It is stretched by hand into a thin transparent sheath, then filled with free-range beef mince and rolled into a spiral shape for baking. Pitas made this way are beyond delicious. For us, a perfect day in life is what you see in this video – sitting on the bank of the clear forest spring, munching on a piece of culinary perfection. Birds chirping. Water running down the rocky river-bed. Sun dancing through the leaves. Trees standing tall, offering shade in abundance.
Life is good.
You will need these ingredients:
- Beef cut
- Kajmak (Sour Cream)
- Spring onions
- Flour, water
- Salt, oil
- Almazan Kitchen® original cookware and utensils (optional)
- Mix 2 hands of flour with 1 hand of water and ½ tsp. of salt. Knead well, form a ball.
- Chop & mince the beef cut, salt to taste, and mix with chopped spring onion.
- For the next step, it’s crucial to see the video for instructions.
- Attenuate and flatten out the dough really thin.
- Place filling on the dough, add few drops of thick sour cream.
- Roll up in spiral-like we did in the video.
- Bake for 480 F / 250 C for 30 min.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, cookware, and boards you have seen in a video? Visit our shop!