Hi and welcome to AlmazanKitchen!
Why this dish costs 1000$? For the filling we used special homemade donkey sausage that you won’t ever find in the supermarket, made from a special grown rare donkeys. This donkey sausage is a unique and premium product, with a lot of garlic used for fermentation. Also it is the only calzone in the world that is made from scratch in the mountain forest. This incredible pizza is then baked on fire, using special techniques, for a perfect crust. For the recipe note: If you can’t find any of this premium rare homemade donkey sausages, replace it with a good salami, but of course it won’t have the same taste. Recipe is down below!
You will need this ingredients:
- homemade donkey sausage
- ½ cup homemade tomato paste
- ½ cup waterfall water
- 100 g homemade cheese
- 1 cup granoduro flour
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. yeast
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 spring onion
- 4-6 mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- Mix ½ cup of waterfall water with 1 tsp. of sugar, 1 tbsp. of yeast, ½ tsp. of salt, 1 cup of granoduro flour and ½ tsp. of baking soda.
- Mix and knead well.
- Form a ball.
- Leave to rest.
- Slice some of homemade donkey sausage.
- Grate 100g of homemade cheese.
- Slice 4-6 portobello mushrooms.
- Slice 1 young spring onion.
- Unpeel and grind 2 garlic cloves with 1 tsp. of salt in the mortar using pestle.
- Add 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil along with 1 tbsp. of dried basil. Grind well!
- Add ½ cup of homemade tomato paste and mix well!
- Preheat the stone cooker.
- Attenuate and flatten out the dough.
- Cover the dough with sauce.
- Add the calzone filling.
- Smear the edges with water.
- Fold the dough well using wooden fork.
- Cook the calzone on the stone cooker until it’s ready and has crispy golden brown texture.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, cookware and boards? Write us on Facebook
Do not sit home, love the nature, and cheers to you all!