Let us introduce his majesty, the Sandwich Italiano, in a homemade loaf, with smoked prosciutto, and brimming with thick cheesy bechamel enhanced with a generous blob of kaymak. A good sandwich is a food-porn universe in a nutshell, and we believe this one not only justifies that definition but surpasses it by a wide margin. The Sandwich Italiano with the Almazan Kitchen twist will fill your tummy, satisfy your palate and give you loads of energy.
You will need these ingredients:
- Cheddar Cheese
- Focaccia bread
- Homemade Pickles
- Aromatic Butter, Milk, Flour
- Pumpkin Paste, Horseradish
- Almazan Kitchen® original cookware and utensils (optional)
- Slice all the prosciutto and pickles, grate cheese.
- Melt 150g of butter, add 1 tbsp. of flour and cook for 2 minutes, don’t let it brown. Add 150ml of milk. Cook stirring for 2-3 minutes more. Add and melt a handful of grated cheese and a blob of kaymak. Cook until smooth consistency constantly stirring.
- Warm the loaf slightly.
- Build the sub: cut it open, spread pumpkin paste on the bottom, fill up with prosciutto and pickles, add horseradish (to taste), coat with a good amount of cheesy bechamel.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, cookware, and boards you have seen in a video? Visit our shop!