Spit-roasting, or rotisserie, is one of our favorite ways of preparing fish. For this recipe we chose the salmon trout. It is mounted on a long rod, which is then slowly rotated to cook the fish evenly, sealing all the juices inside. Salmon trout is very tasty as it is, but we decided to impregnate it with orange slices and do some mean herbal basting, the key words being: salt, lemon, olive oil, parsley, dill! The more basting, the better and juicier the fish will be. Give it a try and enjoy!
You will need these ingredients:
- Salmon Trout
- Lemon, Orange
- Parsley, Dill
- Salt, Olive Oil, Balsamico
- Almazan Kitchen® original cookware and utensils (optional)
- Grind ½ tsp. of Himalayan Salt in the mortar using a pestle. Toss in a handful of parsley and dill, add lemon juice, olive oil, and balsamico to taste. Grind and mix well until smooth.
- Fill Salmon Trout with salt and orange wheels. Tie the fish up. Salt from the outside.
- Mop salmon trout with sauce from step #1.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes (fish size dependent) at 390 F/ 200 C. (Attenuated for conventional ovens)
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, cookware, and boards you have seen in a video? Visit our shop!