Porchetta is a very old Italian way of roasting the pork, it comes out juicy, crispy, and delicious, everything we love so much in meat dishes! In North America, it can also be called “Italian Pulled Pork” or “Italian Roast Pork”. This recipe is NOT a traditional way to make one, so hold your horses and don’t bombard the comment section yet (We love you, Italians). The main guest today’s recipe from Almazan Kitchen is a special mop sauce! Interested? The recipe is below!
You will need these ingredients:
- Pork belly
- Pork loin
- Cheddar cheese
- Honey with nuts, orange
- Fresh thyme
- Choco-cinnamon spice mix
- Salt, pepper, olive oil
- Almazan Kitchen® original cookware and utensils (optional)
- Salt and pepper thin pork belly cut from both sides. Spread thyme evenly.
- Cut open pork loin, place cheddar cheese dices into the pocket after we made an incise, roll pork loin into pork belly cut. Tie the meat with a cord or a string like we did in the video.
- Mix 2-3 tbsp. honey w/ nuts with 1 tbsp. of choco-cinnamon spice mix, 1 tbsp. of olive oil and orange juice. Mix well.
- Roast on 365 F / 185 C for 1 hour. Mop with sauce from step #2 every 15 minutes.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, cookware, and boards you have seen in a video? Visit our shop!