Ah, Beef Wellington, one of the meals you have never enough of. It is also a signature dish of famous Gordon Ramsay; Jamie Oliver either didn’t fall behind and have that in his arsenal too. Those 2 last sentences tell us a lot about this dish, but what is it in general? It’s a medium-rare fillet steak coated with paste or pate and then wrapped and baked in dough or pastry. Today’s Beef Wellington was served in a way you have never seen before: black dough is already something new for a dish, but also it was cooked outdoors using only organic and fresh ingredients.
You will need these ingredients:
- 1 kg beef fillet
- ½ tsp. cuttlefish ink, flour
- olive paste
- handful of parsley
- 3-4 garlic cloves, 1 tbsp butter, rosemary
- olive oil, oil, salt, pepper
- AlmazanKitchen® original cookware and utensils (optional)
- Mix 2 hands of flour with ½ tsp. of cuttlefish ink, ½ tsp. of salt, 1 tbsp. olive oil and 1 hand of water. Mix and knead well, form a ball.
- Salt and pepper 1 kg beef fillet.
- Preheat the pan, grease with oil. (689 F/ 365 C)
- Fry beef fillet 2.5 min each side (and rear sides) until doneness you want. Toss in 3-4 garlic cloves, few rosemary sticks and melt 1 tbsp. of butter halfway.
- Flatten out and attenuate the dough. Spread olive paste on the dough, sprinkle with handful of chopped parsley.
- Skewer up the fillet, roll in the dough with paste and parsley.
- Bake until crunchy crust.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, cookware and boards you seen in a video? Write us on Facebook (best way!!) or to our commerce e-mail (Please be advised that our Facebook page and e-mail linked above is one and only way to order original knives and cookware directly from us. WARNING: BEWARE OF FRAUD SITES. ORIGINAL PRODUCT CAN BE BOUGHT ONLY FROM OUR FACEBOOK PAGE VIA PERSONAL MESSAGE OR E-MAIL)