Hi and welcome to AlmazanKitchen!
Well, this one here is something! Usually we make The BEST and OUTSTANDING food, you know it :) But this dumplings are really bad and hard to make! Anyway, we wanted to share the recipe with you. And of course you can master it by yourself! What is Dim Sum? Dim sum is a light Chinese food prepared as small bite-sized portions of food served in a small bamboo steamer baskets. We will show you how to make dim sum with extra hot sauce! You will like it!
You will need this ingredients (8-10 dumplings):
- 1 cup whole grain flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 300g pork mince
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 lettuce heart
- 1/2 tbsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 banana leaf
- extremely hot Serbian chili
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- Prepare steel bowl.
- Add 1 whole grain flour into the bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of cornstarch to the flour.
- Salt it. 1/2 of tsp. should be enough.
- 1/3 cup of water. And it’s time to knead. Knead well.
- Form a ball. Cover for 45 min.
- Prepare another steel bowl. Why always steel will you ask? Because it won’t stick of course.
- Toss 300g of pork mince into the bowl.
- Slice & chop well 1 onion. Transfer into the bowl.
- Mince the ginger. Add 1 tbsp. of minced ginger into the bowl.
- Some salt. 1/2 tbsp. of Himalayan salt.
- Take the lettuce. You want to chop it very well. Add it into the bowl.
- Knead everything very well for 5-20 min. We recommend to do it with your hand. Add some water halfway kneading.
The hard part starts here
- Take out the dough. Roll it in a sausage. Tear off 1 hand piece of dough.
- Place 1 tbsp. of filling in the circle of the dough. Pinch the edges together. Then make a classic dim sum form. If you don’t know how to do it – check the video below!
- Prepare the bamboo steamer basket.
- Preheat the wok. Boil 1 cup of water in it.
- Place the basket in the water. Make the heat low.
- Slice banana leaf onto square minor parts. Oil it. Place few squares into the basket.
- On each square place a dumpling.
- Cover steamer with lid and steam for 10 min.
Special AlmazanKitchen extremely hot sauce:
- Prepare the ceramic bowl.
- Chop 1 Pepper From Hell (extremely hot Serbian chili). Toss it into the bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp. of sesame oil.
- Add 1/4 cup of light soy sauce.
- Add 1/4 cup of sweet vinegar.
- Mix well!
Well… This is it! It’s ready! Remove the dumplings from the steamer. Serve it and eat with sauce! Last advice. It is good with some great Chinese tea! Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Do not sit home, love the nature, and cheers to you all!