Hi and welcome to AlmazanKitchen!
One of the Mr.Ramsay’s favorite recipes: free-range chicken, cooked for 4 hours in truly unique fireplace using special clay cookware! That meat just falls off from the bone and the aroma of those fresh ground spices just blows your mind! Just like AlmazanKitchen loves to do! You have a chance to try out this awesome dish!
You will need this ingredients:
- 1 cup homemade tomato juice
- 500g chicken thighs
- 100g dried apricots
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds
- 5-10 garlic cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 big onions
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 1 tbsp. curcuma
- chopped parsley
- Grind in the mortar 1 cinnamon stick using pestle.
- Add ½ tsp. of salt, 1 tsp. of coriander seeds, 1 tbsp. of cumin, ½ tsp. of pepper, 1 tsp. of chili flakes and 1 tbsp. of curcuma. Grind well using pestle!
- Unpeel and slice 2-3 big onions.
- Smash and chop 5-10 garlic cloves.
- Coat 500g of chicken thighs in spice mix.
- Preheat the clayware casserole and the pan. Oil the pan up.
- Put the chicken into the pan. Fry until ready, do not forget to flip halfway.
- Add onions and garlic. Stir & fry until onions are crispy golden brown.
- Oil up the clayware casserole, and transfer everything from the pan to it.
- Warm 1 cup of homemade tomato juice in the pan then transfer it to the clayware casserole.
- Mix chicken with tomato juice well.
- Add remaining spice mix. Mix well everything again.
- Cover with a lid and slow cook for 4 hours. When it’s almost ready add 100g of dried apricots. Slow cook a little more.
- Finish off with handful of chopped parsley and serve!
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, cookware and boards? Write us on Facebook
Do not sit home, love the nature, and cheers to you all!