Hi and welcome to AlmazanKitchen!
Have you ever heard of gyro? Greek dish made of meat and usually served wrapped in a flatbread. Today we represent you this awesome dish with a notch of AlmazanKitchen improvisation and passion! Fresh dough baked on coals, grilled free-range chicken with a special spice mix and refreshing tzatziki sauce… Recipe is down below!
You will need this ingredients:
- fresh yeast dough
- 300g chicken breast
- handful of parsley
- ½ tbsp. aged balsamico
- handful of dried mint
- ½ cup pavlaka (Balkan sour cream)
- few garlic cloves
- ½ tsp. caraway
- ½ tsp. coriander
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ carrot
- 1 cucumber
Spicing the chicken:
- Make a fireplace outdoor.
- Take your mortar & pestle.
- Grind ½ tsp. of salt, coriander, caraway, pepper, handful of dried mint and 1 tsp. of oregano.
- Slice in major thin pieces 300g of chicken breast, spice it up well.
- Leave to rest.
- Take ceramic bowl.
- Add ½ cup of pavlaka. Whisk it away.
- Unpeel, smash and chop until mushy consistency few garlic cloves. Add to the pavlaka then salt it.
- Mix well!
- Grate 1 cucumber, add to the pavlaka. Mix well!
Grilling. Pita & chicken:
- Attenuate fresh yeast dough on the floured cutting board.
- Preheat the grill basket.
- Oil up and grill the dough on coals.
- Load the chicken into the grill basket. Grill until ready.
Building the gyro:
- Spread the tzatziki sauce on pita.
- Slice the chicken breasts and place it on sauce.
- Grate some carrot above.
- Dress up with chopped fresh parsley.
- Finish off with ½ tbsp. of aged balsamico.
- Fold the pita and enjoy!
- Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, cookware and boards? Write us on Facebook
Do not sit home, love the nature, and cheers to you all!