Hi and welcome to AlmazanKitchen!
Have you ever wanted to make this popular Monte Cristo Sandwich by yourself? Now it’s your chance! This awesome sandwich is made from homemade cured ham, cheese and bread, served with refreshing sweet & sour mango sauce cooked on fire.
You will need this ingredients:
- homemade bread
- homemade cured ham
- homemade cheese
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1 organic mango
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. lime zest.
Sweet & sour mango sauce:
- Take 1 organic mango. Remove the meat, chop it well.
- Preheat the pan.
- Add 1 tbsp. of brown sugar. Let it melt.
- Toss into the pan chopped mango.
- Cook until caramel brown consistency.
- Transfer into the wooden bowl.
Monte Cristo Sandwich:
- Take the square homemade bread. Cut in 3 pieces. First in half with thin bottom one, then top in half again. Now we have: bottom, middle, top. We won’t need the top one, so put it aside.
- Take the homemade cheese, cut few rectangle slices.
- Take the bottom piece of bread. Make a first cheese layer. Make a second layer with the homemade cured ham. Third layer with cheese. Cover with middle slice.
- Take a bowl and crack 3 free-range eggs there. Mix it well!
- Dip the sandwich into the eggs.
- Preheat the pan. Add some oil.
- Toss in 1 tsp. of butter, let it melt.
- Place the sandwich into the pan. Cook until crispy golden brown from each side (flip halfway of course). Slice into 4 sandwiches.
- Take the wooden bowl with sweet & sour mango sauce.
- Dress with ½ tsp. of lime zest to it.
- Dip the sandwich into sauce and enjoy!
- Bon Almazan!
Interested in our custom knives, cookware and boards? Write us on Facebook
Do not sit home, love the nature, and cheers to you all!